News: Link to old message forum

Author Topic: How Doctor Who and the Daleks can become canon  (Read 6128 times)

diddly

• Fight apathy... or don't
    • View Profile
How Doctor Who and the Daleks can become canon
« on: January 11, 2021, 09:39:58 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Last night I watched a Rifftrax treatment of Dr Who and the Daleks on Amazon Prime.  It's a terrible movie from 1965, but stars Peter Cushing as Doctor Who, and much like the fantastic Curse of the Fatal Death is considered non-canon.  This was referenced a few times during the riffing as a comfort, thank goodness it's not canon.

Well, after certain revelations in season 12 of Doctor Who, I put to you that it can indeed be canonical!  Here are arguments against being canonical, and why they no longer apply:
    • The canonical Doctor has no knowledge of being Peter Cushing - Technically we don't know everything The Doctor knows, but we do now know there are Doctors they don't remember
    • Peter Cushing's Doctor has no knowledge of being anyone else - As we've learned, the Time Lords somehow kept The Doctor's other identities secret
    • Peter Cushing's Doctor is human - The Doctor's fogwatch can turn him human
    • Peter Cushing's Tardis is rubbish - We've seen the Tardis interior redesigned many times
    • Peter Cushing's Susan, Barbara, and Ian are different than William Hartnell's companions - No two humans can have the same name, eh?
    • Peter Cushing's Daleks are morons - Agreed.  Chalk it up to eons of isolation.  Their circuitry goes bad and they have to reinvent their history

Have I missed any?