News: Link to old message forum

Author Topic: Rhun improvements  (Read 7845 times)

butterfly_collector

• View Profile
Rhun improvements
« on: September 05, 2021, 02:21:08 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Is it possible to make fixes / improvements on the module, give the files to the administrator and apply them ?

For example the weapons shop in taer is bugged and does not work.

It would also be nice to have an option to downgrade a character's level (for changes) even if the return to level is to be the normal way - through more playing.

An item to teleport to party leader would also be nice.

I havent done scripting but ... how hard can it be ... i'd test to see if everything is fine before upload ... i only need the admin to agree to actually get the files from me and apply changes to the server.

diddly

• Fight apathy... or don't
      • View Profile
    Re: Rhun improvements
    « Reply #1 on: September 07, 2021, 02:54:14 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I'm game if others are.  It's been so long since I worked on a NWN module, I don't even remember what's involved.  Updating the server with a custom module is easy though.

CarnivorousApe

• View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: September 10, 2021, 09:53:17 AM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I'm up for it. the teleport to party leader stone would be an amazing addition since we're starting to get more active.

diddly

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: September 12, 2021, 03:03:20 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Is it possible to make fixes / improvements on the module, give the files to the administrator and apply them ?

This is the version of Rhun we are running: https://darkshade.homeip.net/stuff/Rhun_v17b.rar  I look forward to hearing about your changes!

butterfly_collector

• View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: September 15, 2021, 01:30:14 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • Here is the same module but with a NPC that can delevel characters with options for - 1000 5000 10000 and 50000 xp. He is just behind the tavern in the rural district of etum. I hope vampires / liches and drow can also use him (pure humans can).

I noticed a conversation already present for xp and lvl loss (fixes in choices) in the module, but I don't know the location of that NPC (if the conversation is even used). May be we don't need mine and can use an available one, but I don't know its location.

It worked by creating a conversation with scripts, attached to the choices in it, but I can't reuse the same conversation file for other NPCs - only with the one I originally created it for. Do you know how to attach prepared conversations, for any NPC ?

P.S. If I can't attach the file (4.44MB size) and can't use external links, how can I give you the file ?

butterfly_collector

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: September 15, 2021, 05:17:04 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
  • I found an NPC that does delvl ... Dan Delvl in Etum Capitol building

diddly

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: September 25, 2021, 11:41:25 PM »
  • [applaud]0
  • [smite]0
    P.S. If I can't attach the file (4.44MB size) and can't use external links, how can I give you the file ?

I've created a github repo to track changes to our Rhun module.  https://github.com/trarman/rhun

If you're not familiar with git, the process is to fork the repo, make and commit changes in your own copy, then generate a pull request.  I can then apply those changes to my repo which will then go to the server.
    « Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 07:30:16 AM by diddly »