March 24, 2006, 9:38pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
It's really none of your business!

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 30 - 58
Shabadu_SMH
March 27, 2006, 4:27pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Oh I think it IS my business.  If I'm going to live in the past it better be my business cause sometimes people need to learn from the past and if I'm living there I can turn a profit by teaching yesterday's/yesterdayyear's lessons today.. thereby helping people avoid the pitfalls of 2-3 years ago.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 31 - 58
Hawkeye
March 27, 2006, 6:08pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
You probably could market that on late night tv.  All the insomniacs will be calling for lessons on how to sleep last year.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 32 - 58
Shabadu_SMH
March 28, 2006, 8:19pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Yah I can't disagree that there are always dumb people willing to buy crap from TV or somewhere else.  You and I wouldn't have jobs if it weren't for people's willingness to buy stuff that they really shouldn't need...
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 33 - 58
Hawkeye
March 28, 2006, 8:45pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Oh I don't know with the lawsuits flying around people do need insurance... Just ask Trarman if he's glad he has home insurance.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 34 - 58
Shabadu_SMH
March 29, 2006, 3:38am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Sweet.. the dream to slowly and inexorably become the next United State is happening!  Next we should all get lawyers on retainer just in case we have the weekly need to sue one another every Tuesday because there isn't anything good on TV that night!
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 35 - 58
Hawkeye
April 10, 2006, 8:36pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Unfortunately that does seem to be the case.  Superfluous lawsuits need to be curtailed.  And of course the only way to do that is???? more laws!

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 36 - 58
Chiquita
April 11, 2006, 10:38pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
It seems to me that the insurance industry in the US and to some extent Canada has promoted the lawsuit mentality...

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 37 - 58
Chiquita
April 11, 2006, 10:42pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
and why not put aside your desires for shopping channel glory, stop living in the past and come up with an outing..a good outing....a great outing!!
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 38 - 58
Shabadu_SMH
April 12, 2006, 2:58pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Hmmm, a good outing, huh?
How about a trip up to the farm Hawkeye?
A weekend (or maybe long weekend) away?  Campfires and drinking?
Or we could see if Kyle's cottage was possibley available?

Any interest?  As the non-coupled member of the group here I probably have the most flexible schedule, so let me know if this is something you guys would be interested in?
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 39 - 58
Hawkeye
April 20, 2006, 12:42pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Speaking of law suits etc..  Will Rogers when he found out in 1930's that there were more students studying law than lawyers practicing it he said, it's gonna take an awful lot of crime to support those fellows.  I would tend to think the more lawyers the more lawsuits. etc...

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 40 - 58
Shabadu_SMH
April 20, 2006, 3:17pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Wow the skillfully clumsy way Hawkeye just blundered past the question directed right at him was brilliant.  Luckily for me I studied at the school of misdirection and noticed his bumbling trip that crashed headlong like the proverbial bull in a china shop.

So again I pose the question to Hawk, would we be able to go to the farm if there was a group interest?

But the question was also directed to everyone (including Chiquitta!!) - would we be interested in doing something like this?  I mean if there is no interest, fine, I'll drop it, but I'd certainly be interested in having a long weekend away with you guys again.. its been forever and ever since we did something like this...
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 41 - 58
Hawkeye
April 20, 2006, 5:02pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
And you know the other thing about lawyers which many don't like.  Is that we have to pay money into the lawyer association!!! when we buy a house. WTF!  The lawyers association does nothing with regard to home purchases!

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 42 - 58
Hawkeye
April 20, 2006, 5:12pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
With regard to the farm, Amanda and I are thinking of potentially heading up sometime around early part of may.  But, the scheduling is proving to be an issue.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 43 - 58
Shabadu_SMH
April 20, 2006, 11:02pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
If you could hold off until after May 17 I would be available to take a little time off (or just join you for a weekend).  I have a series of meetings starting next week that brings me to Sudbury, Ottawa, 2 locations across Toronto and London every week so I will be unable to take any time off until after the last one in London on the 17.

So if your scheduling proves to be accomodatable to mid-late month and I was invited I'd be interested.  Trarsy and Chiqy - you two innerested?
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 44 - 58
4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » All Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  New Message System