Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Niko Niko opens
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Niko Niko opens  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
3 Pages 1 2 3 » All Recommend Thread
Trarman
December 20, 2005, 6:28pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
I just had lunch at the new Japanese restaurant downtown, Niko Niko.  So long Taka!  Niko makes better sushi for half the price!

For $9.95+tax, I got tea, miso soup, 5 pieces of sushi, and a 10 piece rainbow roll!  Yummy!

They have lunch bento's, 2 person specials, and a nice variety of sushi rolls.  I forsee many return visits.
E-mail E-mail
Trarman
January 4, 2006, 3:45pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Follow up:

Went to Niko Niko again last Friday.  I got the same deal as last time.  The roll of the day was a crunchy crab meat (the roll was crunchy, not the meat )

There was no miso soup this time.  Instead we got some fruit (apples and oranges) cut decoratively for dessert.

Overall it was alright, not spectacular, this time.  And unfortunately, I had one piece of not-so-fresh tuna.  That put a rather unpleasant spin on my meal.

We'll go back in a couple weeks to give them a third try, and that visit will decide if we go back again.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 1 - 43
Hawkeye
February 7, 2006, 8:55pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I've now had lunch there too and I find it quite nice.  I had a lunch special with the dragon roll, miso, and 5 pieces of sushi.  All very tasty.  The price was quite good too, especially since I didn't pick up the tab.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 43
Trarman
February 8, 2006, 6:27pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Quoted from Hawkeye
I've now had lunch there too and I find it quite nice.  I had a lunch special with the dragon roll, miso, and 5 pieces of sushi.  All very tasty.  The price was quite good too, especially since I didn't pick up the tab.

How was the Tuna?  3 out of 4 times we had unpleasant tuna, but that may be due to going later in the week?  Dunno.  I'm jealous you got the Dragon roll too... we've had crunch roll twice now.

E-mail E-mail Reply: 3 - 43
Hawkeye
February 9, 2006, 8:26pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Maybe sometime next week we can meet for lunch at Niko Niko.   Whaddya think?  Ha ha I got 50 post first ha ha!

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 4 - 43
Shabadu_SMH
February 10, 2006, 1:50pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
What are the prices like at this place guys?
Some time when I'm down I'd like to try it since my exposure to sushi has been limited.  Other than Echo there have only been two other places I went and they were both ok but really expensive.. I wouldn't go back since Echo is just up the street from me and neither one was particularly close (and none offered the all I could eat deal Echo did... so I paid maybe 3/4 of the all I could eat and got 1/4 the amount of food or so).
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 5 - 43
Hawkeye
February 14, 2006, 1:35pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
The prices are pretty reasonable.  However, I only was there for lunch, once.  THeir dinner prices most likely would be a little higher and I don't recall any all you can eat fare on the menu.  Then again, I didn't look very hard.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 6 - 43
Shabadu_SMH
February 15, 2006, 8:30pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Well if you and Amanda or Chaddington are ever up for dinner there some time when I'm back in town, let me know.  Upon your mutual recommendation, it sounds like it is worthwhile trying out.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 7 - 43
Hawkeye
February 27, 2006, 12:13pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
So Chiquita, you tried sushi the other day?  Its a first step to enjoying japanese cuisine!

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 8 - 43
Hawkeye
March 14, 2006, 12:59pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Went to Niko Niko again last week.  You know, I don't think I had a bad meal there yet.  My only concern is, well, it is usually empty or one or two other patrons there whenever I go.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 9 - 43
Trarman
March 14, 2006, 2:00pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
I'll tell ya what place to avoid for sushi: Yummiyaki.  Went there last week for lunch.  All of us who had sushi felt ill in some way later.  I hate to imagine their All-You-Can-Eat sushi!
E-mail E-mail Reply: 10 - 43
Hawkeye
March 14, 2006, 2:20pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
That's too bad for yummiyaki, they have the best tempura in town...  So I'm sure of which one you referring to, its near northfield up by futureshop?

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 11 - 43
Trarman
March 14, 2006, 2:38pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Yup, that's the one.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 12 - 43
Shabadu_SMH
March 14, 2006, 8:46pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
When a restaurant calls themselves YummiYuki, it should be a sign that some of their food is perhaps a little yummy and theother stuff is maybe a little yucky... seriously there is a place near my apartment here in TO called Yummi's and I've never heard anything good about their food (although when I walk by there is always people in there - it is RIGHT on Yonge, proving location loactation location must work!)
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 13 - 43
Chubs
March 18, 2006, 8:14pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Shabs, when are you coming to town?  We can go to Niko, I haven't been there yet, and all you others have been multiple times!!!  
E-mail E-mail Reply: 14 - 43
3 Pages 1 2 3 » All Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Niko Niko opens