Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
World of Warcraft - locations and people
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  World of Warcraft - locations and people
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

World of Warcraft - locations and people  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Trarman
January 8, 2006, 4:54pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Okay, now that we're all on World of Warcraft let's get together on the same server so we can include each other on Friend's lists, team up, etc.

Hawkeye and I are on Malfurion.  My character's name is Valeonicen, and I'm an undead warlock.

I know Shabadu has a dwarf on Vek'nilash.  I made a character there as well, a gnome mage called Wendis, but honestly, I will only play there when Malfurion has a waiting list.

E-mail E-mail
Hawkeye
January 12, 2006, 6:47pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
My character's name is Bloodstomp and he is a Tauran Hunter.  Currently, I hang out mostly in the barrens, but also go to Originimar.  

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 39
Trarman
January 12, 2006, 7:28pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
I guess Shabadu doesn't want us knowing who he is.  

I've been through the barrens from Originmar (whatever it's called) to Thunder Bluff.  BTW, Hawkeye, you aren't safe on the road.  Hordes of Herds of Centaurs ran up and killed me before I fully realised I was in trouble.  They were all level 20.  I hit level 14 last night doing a Tauren mission in the mines... what a grind that was.  Made me lots of money though.  Probably made the other Taurens wonder what an undead warlock was doing in their mines, but oh well.    There was DEFINITELY much fewer Tauren playing in their own cities than I've seen of any other race so far.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 2 - 39
Shabadu_SMH
January 14, 2006, 5:24am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Damned straight I dont want you knowing who my characters are.. that's why after the two of you bought the game I went out and bought one myself so I could NEVER EVER play with the two of you.

Anyhow, enough pointless conversation...
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 3 - 39
Shabadu_SMH
January 14, 2006, 5:28am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Seriously though I am a troll rogue on Malfurion.  
My character's name is Rrkorzchjah.

The owrst part about being a troll is the fact that they give you a Jamacian accent... it just doesn't suit in my opinion.. but what the hell do I know.

My other character is on the Vek'nilash server.  He is a dwarf hunter named Dorndonaar.  He has a scottish accent like every game provides for dwarves since the beginning of time.  I know Scotsmen are short but they aren't the ancestor's of dwarves dammit!

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 4 - 39
Hawkeye
February 4, 2006, 12:48pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Of course they give quite a gruff voice for my minitaur (tauren) character.  

What I don't like is they don't give enough advance time for when the server will be down for maintenance.  at least a couple of days ahead would serve.  As I usually play in the morning before work and that is when they do maintenance.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 5 - 39
Hawkeye
February 7, 2006, 8:59pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Hey Trarman, did you get that stuff I mailed to you in WOW?

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 6 - 39
Trarman
February 8, 2006, 6:20pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Quoted from Hawkeye
Hey Trarman, did you get that stuff I mailed to you in WOW?

You mailed me stuff?  I noticed I had mail when I played last week, but didn't get to a post box.  I'll try and log on tonight to pick it up.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 7 - 39
Hawkeye
February 8, 2006, 8:39pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Yeah, whenever you go to one of those glowing guys and get a bead or coin of the ancestors there is mail for you and it can be some neat stuff.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 8 - 39
Hawkeye
February 9, 2006, 2:14pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I've been cruising around ashenvale quite a lot recently.  I am on perhaps one of the dumbest missions possible.  This guy bought a shredder from Rachet but lost the manual.  I have to find 12 pages and fit them together and return the book to him.

There are some nasties there too.  I was level 26 roaming around and got myself lost, before I know it I'm dead.  I looked at the combat log and found that I had been shot 4 times! and i have near 900 health.  I didn't even get a chance to see who killed me.

The other issue about Ashenvale is when you running around, be carefull because you can get stuck!!  It's happened to me a couple of times where I just cannot get out and I have to use my warp stone to go back to thunder bluff!

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 9 - 39
Trarman
February 9, 2006, 3:21pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Thanks for the goodies, Hawkeye.  They were all better than I was currently using.  As for those glowing guys, all they ever give me is lucky rockets (which gives +250 health for 30 mins, but you have to be at rocket launchers to use them).

I too am exploring Ashenvale and the western side of the night elf kingdom.  At level 21, it's a little more dangerous for me.    But I was happy to open up more flight routes.

You have 900 health!!! OMG!!  I only have 400!  No wonder I don't last long if my summoning dies.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 10 - 39
Hawkeye
February 9, 2006, 4:52pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
What are you doing on Sunday February 26th?  As Chubs is having a baby shower for her sister at our place and frankly I don't want to be around with 20 hens clucking away and caterwalling about this, that, and other stuff.  I am thinking I would be over at your place around 1pmish

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 11 - 39
Shabadu_SMH
February 10, 2006, 1:48pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Damn Hawkeye, I had 3 of those pages from that manual in Ashenvale that I could have given you.  I ended up selling them since I did not have the mission and had no idea what good they would do me.  The three of us still need to log on together at some point and solve some of our elite missions.. unless the two of you have already done so but I still have a bunch that are so freakin low level but I really want to cokplete them (some are "rogue" missions and will open up greater things for me, others are just wailing cavern missions I'd just like to solve because there are some good rewards.

I'm not sure what my schedule is like this weekend but let me know when you guys are going to be on and I'll try to work around joining up with ya.

BTW How do you mail an item to someone?  Let me know what you guys have or I guess more importantly what you WANT and I'll keep my eyes open for something that might interest you.

For me I use leather armour, right now I have some chest aromour worth 81 armour that gives me +2 agility +8 stamina, so if you find anything better that you don't want, lemme know.  As for weapons I have a bow that I think is 15-25 dam and fires at a rate of around 2.1 or 2.2 I think.. my daggers are 12-24 dam at a rate of 1.5 I think.. I've only managed to get on for 1 hour this week so I can't remember anything exactly but directionally those are the things I'm looking for.

Later guys
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 12 - 39
Trarman
February 12, 2006, 2:00am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Feb 26th?  Sure thing Hawkeye.  I will give you an escape from Chubs' sister's shower.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 13 - 39
Hawkeye
February 13, 2006, 6:54pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
  Mailing someone is pretty easy.  Just go to the mail box and select new message.  You can add an item in the message and there you go.  They even charge you postage!

If you find a really good gun let me know.  Joe, I'll send you some good stuff when/if I get it.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 14 - 39
Hawkeye
February 15, 2006, 4:45pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Hey Chiquita what's your character's name and what is she/he?  This way if i get some stuff that does not have any level requirements I can mail it to you.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 15 - 39
Shabadu_SMH
February 15, 2006, 8:27pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Sweet, any guns worth their mettle and I'll let ya know (I wish everything wasn't freakin solebound though.. I had some good stuff for Chaddy but it was bound to me cause I got in from solving quests...)

If either of you are interested there are two quests in Sepulcher that are elite but both give good rewards, we could try them together.  One gives you a decent ring (I think +3 strength, +8 stamina) and the other gives you some armour for your shoulders (which I have yet to find anywhere else!)

Lemme know if you are interested... I can't solve the quests alone, thats for sure!
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 16 - 39
Hawkeye
February 15, 2006, 9:34pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
If you equip something it becames soulbound, if you don't then you should be able to trade it to another player.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 17 - 39
Shabadu_SMH
February 16, 2006, 4:57am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Not true - well it is true if you just find it randomly from a kill or in a chest but if you are awarded it as a prize from completing a quest it automatically is soulbound to you (prevents you from solving a quest to get an item for someone else.. rustrating because I've solved a few quests and chosen items that were made of cloth with the intent of giving to Chaddy only to discover it was soulbound to me.. same with the sword I got for you that one time - I cannot equip swords, so i could not have made it soulbound, but by "earning" it, it was done so automatically.)
Sigh.. but thats the rules so what can ya do?
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 18 - 39
Shabadu_SMH
February 16, 2006, 5:00am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Oh ya.. btw Al, I finally hit 28 tonight!  Yee haw!  So I'm close on your heels now!

Just curious, is Chiquita the better half of the sysop here or someone else I know?
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 19 - 39
Hawkeye
February 16, 2006, 4:20pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
See, I'm almost lvl 29.  But neither I nor Trarman can play as much as you.  That is why I tried to get a head start.  I'm suprised though that it took you a month to catch up.  You're slippin' dude

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 20 - 39
Shabadu_SMH
February 16, 2006, 4:27pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Yah I haven't had as much time lately either. Work, life and everything.. I have not put the time I was able to put into CoH thats for sure.  But I think I learned my lesson there.. playing can be fun but keep it in check.  Of course the other really big thing on CoH was the fact that I had 3 or 4 people that I became good (online) friends with and we would get together often to play but also just to chat, so there was the social side that addicted me.. the only people I really play with on WoW is you two, and the times I do play are not often when you guys are on, so without the social aspect the hours and hours if playing appeal wears out pretty quickly.. most often I just play an hour or so at a time and log off and read for a bit...
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 21 - 39
Hawkeye
February 23, 2006, 9:43pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
  I haven't played for 4 days.  And now that Trarman has quit so I will be switching as well, but I will enter as different players so later if I want I can actually fight them against each other.  Because I want to see them DANCE!

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 22 - 39
Shabadu_SMH
February 26, 2006, 12:02am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
So both of you are not paying online any more?
I've had such a busy week I only managed to get on once and I didn't do much myself... let me know if you two are cancelling your accounts 'cause if neither of you are online I don't think it's worth staying online alone.. even if we didn't play together that much..

So how do I go about getting the correct update Diddles?
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 23 - 39
Trarman
February 26, 2006, 2:41pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Follow the instructions linked from the front page of my web site to switch your client to use my server.

Be sure to cancel your Blizzard account first.    Don't wanna keep paying for something you're not using.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 24 - 39
Shabadu_SMH
February 26, 2006, 4:12pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Yah its too bad you can't cancel mid-month.. I'm gonna miss that character a little.. but more I'm gonna miss the equipment he's picked up over his travels
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 25 - 39
Trarman
February 26, 2006, 5:44pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Well, make a list.  When you join my server, I can restore your level and equipment (if it exists on this server)
E-mail E-mail Reply: 26 - 39
Hawkeye
February 27, 2006, 12:01am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
  Wah wah wah... my character is no more.... please dear GM please give me my stuff now!    Just start over, we all are.... earn yer mess.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 27 - 39
Shabadu_SMH
February 27, 2006, 6:11pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I wasn't asking for any special favours - and I have started again already.

Diddles only gives me favours in REAL life, not some wierd fantasy favours in an RPG.. that would be gross
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 28 - 39
Hawkeye
March 3, 2006, 12:45am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Beleive me we ALL know, it's all over the internet.  Brokeback Diddlycraft.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 29 - 39
Shabadu_SMH
March 5, 2006, 1:00pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Bwhahahahaha.
"I wish I knew how to quit you Diddley"
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 30 - 39
Chiquita
May 14, 2008, 2:08am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
Can we resurrect WOW?
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 31 - 39
Diddly
May 14, 2008, 12:51pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Would you be willing to create new characters?

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 32 - 39
Hawkeye
May 14, 2008, 3:52pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
What the hell!?

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 33 - 39
Chiquita
May 14, 2008, 4:04pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
????

i would be willing to start afresh
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 34 - 39
Chiquita
May 18, 2008, 5:09pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
Quoted from Hawkeye
What the hell!?

i'm confused what do you mean by what the hell?
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 35 - 39
Hawkeye
May 20, 2008, 1:01pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I was lvl 70! or damn near it!  

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 36 - 39
Diddly
May 20, 2008, 1:35pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Well, you'll just have to work your way back up like everyone else again.  It's not like you ever played after reaching that level anyway.  

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 37 - 39
Hawkeye
May 20, 2008, 1:43pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Yes, but... but... shutup

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 38 - 39
Diddly
June 2, 2008, 3:07pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Good news everyone!  The Diddlycraft server is up again.  I need to provide the appropriate web front end so you can create your accounts, and instructions on how to connect, but it is running and I was able to play online last night.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 39 - 39
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  World of Warcraft - locations and people