Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
New version tonight!
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Darkshade Forum    World of Diddlycraft    Diddlycraft Support  ›  New version tonight!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

New version tonight!  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
3 Pages « 1 2 3 » All Recommend Thread
TheTim
March 11, 2006, 4:06am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Okay a hole new ball of problems now. I logged in again to try the dragging to sell items thing you said but now I can't talk to anyone. The icon to talk to NPC people shows up but right clicking them does nothing. Logged off and on many times didn't seem to go away.

So I created a new character just to see if it had the same problems. Created a night elf and he wouldn't show up, I opened the character screen and my character still didn't show up. Also my skills/spells and some items in my bag (for night elf) all show as (?) mark. So yah, he has his own issues I guess. Couldn't find anyone to try to talk to them.

Also both characters show up in my character selection screen naked. Which is different from this afternoon (5:00 ish) when I first tried.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 15 - 37
Hawkeye
March 11, 2006, 10:55am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
When i log on, my character is invisible, I try to hit c and nothing happens.  In fact, ALL my stuff that I had equiped is gone!  As well my bags where formerly I had things now show up as red '?'.  I'm still level 19, but i have nothing.  And there are no npc's or monsters around.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 16 - 37
Trarman
March 11, 2006, 11:10am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Grrr...  the tool that was provided to adjust the loot levels just ended up zeroing three key files (which is why your character is invisible, naked in the character screen, and carrying nothing).

I'm stopping the server right now to restore those files.  I'll also try using a loot template from a similar server, hopefully that takes care of the huge drops too.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 17 - 37
Trarman
March 11, 2006, 11:18am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Okay, that stuff is fixed.  The drops are back to normal (not crazy huge).  But the XP for kills still seems a little high.  I'll leave it high for a while, to make up for the down time (or messed up time) lately.    
E-mail E-mail Reply: 18 - 37
TheTim
March 11, 2006, 1:33pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
OKay things are seeming to be back to a working state. So thats really good. Thanks for the support Trarman!

Another thing I just noticed is that most vendors cannot repair your equipment anymore. I was just in Crossroads and no one there was able to repair my equipment. The button was missing. On my way to thunderbluff to see if someone there can.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 19 - 37
Trarman
March 12, 2006, 12:41am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
The Stable Master in crossroads can repair your equipment.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 20 - 37
Hawkeye
March 12, 2006, 2:36pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Stable masters anywhere?  Or just in crossroads, because i encountered the same problem.  Plus I too discovered anything in you pick up that's green labelled or above you can't sell.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 21 - 37
Trarman
March 12, 2006, 9:14pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
I was able to sell green and blue items by dragging across to the merchant window.

And I just meant the stablemaster in Crossroads.  I haven't been to too many places since the new version.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 22 - 37
TheTim
March 13, 2006, 12:39pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Since your post about the stable master I just keep going striaght to them when I get into any town or outpost and they all seem to be able to fix my stuff. The only person I've found that can do it is someone labeled "Armorer".  Wow... back up. You had a blue item? Where did you get that? Did you find it or given for a quest?
E-mail E-mail Reply: 23 - 37
Trarman
March 13, 2006, 12:59pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
This was from when loot drops were huge a couple days ago.  Heck, even a squirrel dropped blue items.  But I was able to sell them by dragging them across to the merchant window.  Right clicking gave the warning "Can't trade soulbound items"

If that doesn't work for you, then maybe it had something to do with being the GM at the time (I don't normally test with my normal character).  I don't see why that would make a difference, since I was just a level 60 character... nothing special about the character.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 24 - 37
TheTim
March 13, 2006, 4:45pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Click and Drag items (armor and weapons) to sell them. It works just takes a lot longer to sell everything. Right click still works on materials and potions, food that kind of junk.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 25 - 37
Hawkeye
March 14, 2006, 9:06am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Quoted from tmashinter
Click and Drag items (armor and weapons) to sell them. It works just takes a lot longer to sell everything. Right click still works on materials and potions, food that kind of junk.

That's good.  But another problem with repairing items.  It seems I can't repair anything that's unique, ie green.

As well Rut'theran village, well there's no one there I can't get over to the main part of the continent as there is no flight person!

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 26 - 37
Trarman
March 14, 2006, 10:16am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Hmm..  yes I spotted that the other day.  There's not even a spawn point for that guy.  I waited for a ship, but none came.  I had hoped you and Shabadu were both on the mainland so that it wouldn't be an issue, cuz creating an npc that triggers flying is way tougher than just creating something for you to fight.

In Darnassus, under the big pillarred gateway (the warriors quarter) is a portal somewhere.  See if you can use that to get off the island.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 27 - 37
Hawkeye
March 14, 2006, 11:45am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
  I will look for that portal, but hopefully it is nowhere near that human that killed me so many times.  I hope he's no longer red to me.

I still go to darnassus quite a bit, because well, there is a stablemaster there and all the things I need to buy are there.  Plus, hunter trainers etc.  It is still very much an important area for my character.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 28 - 37
TheTim
March 14, 2006, 1:40pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
The portals work good, if they are present. It would be nice if there was a portal to return you to where you came from as well.

I only say this cause the last couple times I've tried to travel across the sea by boat or zeppelin it gets "stuck". It flies/floats fine until the other half of the world loads. Then it gets stuck under the land somewhere. It just sits there under the world (the boat got me stuck somewhere in the middle of the alliance world and just off the east coast. I was taking the boat from Ratchet to BootyBay. Well if you look at your map the middle of the allience island on the east coast is no where near booty bay.

In regards to repairing green items. My characters wears predominantly green items and the repair doods always repair everything. So maybe its just an alliance thing.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 29 - 37
3 Pages « 1 2 3 » All Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    World of Diddlycraft    Diddlycraft Support  ›  New version tonight!