Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Brand New Version!
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Darkshade Forum    World of Diddlycraft    Diddlycraft Support  ›  Brand New Version!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Brand New Version!  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
3 Pages 1 2 3 » All Recommend Thread
Trarman
March 27, 2006, 3:12am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
I've updated the server with a brand new version of Diddlycraft.  Go to the instructions page and start from step 8 if you've already been playing.  Here's what's new (from the developers):

1.3.1 Changes
-Autoshot fixed by Ravek v1.1, Changed again for agro system
-New loottemplate by

---

1.3.0 Changes

-1.8.x Southerns world.save, fixed by aresto. If you wish, get a 1.9.x world.save, the items/creatures/etc are already configured and ready for it!
-Using correct number versions now! if it jumps .1 then means it has to be a FULL repack, if its 0.1 then its a update only!
-WoWEmu WAD DataBase + NT EMU by St3v0
-New Ga1:26 PM 3/26/2006meobjects by N3V
-MasterScript v3.2.1 by smartwork
-Fixes for Quests by Raveraa
-Fixed/Redid all the info used for Wargulch.
-New creatures by n3v - 26/03/06
-The new SpiritHonor system has a Guard Defence in it: (Quote: "New option "guard_defense" that allows players to ask guards for assistance against mobs or players. The default mode works semi-automatic, where players have to click on the guard each time they want assistance.")
-Share Quest removed.
-Fixed bug where player can leave jail using .pvp enter
-New blizzlike items by Boujii
-Fixed pages.scp to english again
-DCM Tool remove. Had a trojan in older versions
-Masterscript v3.2.1 by smartwork
-Masterscript now in second level loading
-Added colors in the emu.conf welcome.
-New WWW by beebop
-New loot template by malish and Boujii
-Added template 33000 for fishing. Was missing, and is needed for 'no fish on line'
-Removed 'global' Pecktime and Greenseed edited Fishing script.
-Added Greenseeds tool - MDW_World_Updater
-Scripts in one folder again, using Lazarus Longs' Startup sequence
-Mobresist0.3b by Ellissar
-Quest Rep Patch by Snake
-Reduced CPU usage
-Improve Armor, Critical, Miss & Dodge v1.07c by Ravek
-Honor/Warsong/Defense/Friends v4.32 and more by spirit
-Updated all the creatures in world.save, they should be up to date and pared with creatures.scp
-Beebops fixed Ppoints
-Fixed up Emu.conf by me and Greenseed. Should increase performance of the world.save
-New WorldSafeLocs.dbc, apparently playerspawn is more blizz-like.
-Fixed .pvp enter while being jailed.
-New jail system by Greenseed.
-Added a autojail, you can now use it on any other script using: '[Commands::autojail $player $reason]'
-Cheat system by TOS, both Money and Spells cheat added
-Fixed the Spells cheat to be compatible with 1.3.0s' jail system
-Autoshot Fix for bows and wands by seatleson v0.3 improved by Raverouk and again improved by Valleriani
-Removed the switch array from agro/unagro, it causes lag because it is called way to much.
-Agro changed and fixed. Agro normal rate at 15, if you attack with a bow or wand, there agro rate increases on that specific mob to attack you. No more using bow or wands long range to cheat.
-Removed changing agro from startup, not recommended to edit
-PHPServer by oldone, redone by Beebop
-World Map GPS done by Greenseed, addons by me, using 2KB map size for no lag increase. It uses addons to update the position every couple minutes. It is great! YOU NEED PHPSERVER ON TO RUN. I'll show you what to do below!
-.pvp enter and leave also have a new thing, you cannot type .pvp enter twice, thus resetting your saved coords to get out, it will say "YOU ARE ALREADY THERE". Simple and clean, using a flag.
-World.Locker by Lazarth Long, NTFS file systems to work correctly.
-TCL files renamed for easy viewing of what loads first.
-Using TCL instead of lx, and libs instead of extra/lib for scripters sake of having to check it twice.
-Ramas Broadcast System 1.0, I haven't removed .broadcast yet, just for the sake. New broadcast is .b
-Newer Buyback system and addons
-All Databases now auto create at start, no more hassle.
-Remove DBConsole and commands, but kept emote and castspell. It was to out of date
-Remote Banning, by Wing revised by me.. Uses emu.conf #include banned.conf. Problem is, and will always be, server may require a restart for effects to change. It does work though.
-Do not edit STARTUP.TCL! If you wish to edit the startup variables, look in TCL, find the file 000_Start-TCL.tcl
-Language texts using .tcl instead of .txt.
-One of the biggest fixes, removed Generated.tcl 13000 Switch script, now using arrays. This solves long loading times. Switch script was 1.6 seconds to load when called (Aka in mail, auction, etc) and array calling takes 0.02 seconds. Big difference, less problems! Most items do work now, minus some items (Like stacked food/water I believe) and possibly other stacked.. Done by Greenseed, edited by Lazarus and myself.
-There will be a array creater shortly, Greenseed said to be working on one. For now you can manually add, if your not lazy.
-Newer tools by St3v0, updated.
-LACD 7.3 by Beebop
-Blizzlike Classes by Jenova
-Many spell fixes by Zombie. Alot should work! Including Druids Moonkin and Owl form (Apparently!)
-Callpet does not work still, don't ask. I will be thinking about this in the near future in a DB to correct problems.
-Cleaned up the aaawowemu a bit, spruced it up with more english Tongue
-oldone.tcl fixed, your reputation should work now. If there are still minor errors, you have to wait until we can figure where its coming from. Please don't post about it.
-New Damagereduction by Ravek, everything should be better now.
-Bosses should not super agro anymore.
-Dialogs by n3v
-DButils 1.3 by Kuzia [G.C.H.], XuTMaH (Couldn't find name)
-Most exes you shouldn't touch in labexes now
-World Mounts fixed 80% by Beebop, new tools by her also.
-GM.log now works, thanks to Rama, revised by me, had some minor errors.
-Banned.log new.
-Invisible/Visible commands for PLevel > 4 by Werewolf
-Map/MPQ exes updated to solve extraction errors
-Other fixes I cannot remember.

E-mail E-mail
Trarman
March 27, 2006, 3:14am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Here's what *I* noticed right away:
- XP and Loot seems more normal
- Teldrassil is populated again
- Zepplins work proper!
- Some spells fixed
E-mail E-mail Reply: 1 - 32
Hawkeye
March 27, 2006, 1:24pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
From my limited playing this morning (30 minutes worth) autofire NOT working, though to be fair I will try again.  I get the white box where the normal scripts should be, ie combat and general.  And, this is annoying.. I used the teleport to go over to stormwind, and now those teleports are gone!  I can't just teleport back to Darnassus!  I guess I'm goin' explorin'.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 32
TheTim
March 27, 2006, 2:30pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
What is "normal" loot? Is that better than what we've been experiencing for the last while or is it lower?

I have no idea what normal is for loot.

Also the upgrade notes seemed to indicate a drop rate tool or something. So are you able to adjust the drops on your own now?

I hope this new patch lets me shapeshift to swim form. That would be cool.

Thanks for all your work man. I hope its not getting too annoying for you to be working on this... kudos!
E-mail E-mail Reply: 3 - 32
Trarman
March 27, 2006, 2:53pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
"Normal" to me is what you would expect to see on a Blizzard server.  I killed some things that I used to kill all the time on the pay servers and saw about the same stuff dropped.  For example, greater duskbats used to drop between 10 and 40 copper and some linen, maybe a meaty wing here and there.  That's what I'm seeing here too.  XP seemed "normal" to me as well.  Remember, I had it up high the past couple weeks.

As for autofire, a new server patch has come out for that already...  I'll upgrade the server at an opportune time.  No changes for you guys since yesterday though.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 4 - 32
Trarman
March 27, 2006, 2:54pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
BTW, Hawkeye, those teleports were not normal!  Glad you got use of them while they were there, but they totally didn't exist in those places on the pay servers.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 5 - 32
TheTim
March 27, 2006, 3:05pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Those teleports were handy. AS long as the zeppelins and boats are working right now thats cool. Takes longer than the teleports did, but as long as it gets you there.

Yah I figured normal meant what the pay servers do but I havn't been on the pay servers so all I have to compare it to is what I've seen on diddlycraft so far. I guess I'll find out for myself this evening if it is better orworse than before (I hope its better... , as in more stuff drops). I'd love to find some blue/yellow/purple items. That would be good.

Hopefully someone can fix my main weapon now too.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 6 - 32
TheTim
March 27, 2006, 10:56pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Some things I noticed right away. I had to re-do the server selection thing when I fired up the game. I had to change all my settings back to what I had them at before, this includes, video, sound and controls.

Also first time in i didn't have any control over my character. So I logged out and then got a "your add-ons are out of date" message. I said OKAY to delete then OKAY to continue then closed the game and restarted and it was fine.

Problem: The controls option gives me an error and won't let me re-map my controls. So thats annoying. But I can live with it.

Problem: Talents pane doesn't work anymore. Says "Ui is out of date'.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 7 - 32
Trarman
March 28, 2006, 2:52am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Yeah, don't delete the addons in the game.  If it says they're out of date, you should tell it to load them anyway.  That may have had an impact on your controls.

Once you delete the WTF/WDB directories, you'd have to reset all your controls, resolution, log in, etc.  The server instructions suggested they be deleted because they would conflict with the addons.

If I were in your position, I'd delete the WTF/WDB directories again, delete the stuff in AddOns and populate it from the zip file linked in the instructions.  This time let it load the out of date addons.  I don't expect it would ask you again after that.  (Only asked me once)
E-mail E-mail Reply: 8 - 32
Hawkeye
March 28, 2006, 2:18pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I found a teleport for stormwind in darnassus again!  Yeee hawr.  Also when I went to darnassus this morning everyone was dead.  There were corpses all over the place.  Trarman did you go on a GM .Kill'in' spree again?  I looted the heck out of everyone one and then they respawned.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 9 - 32
Trarman
March 28, 2006, 2:36pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
I've noticed everyone dead in a few other areas as well....  When I first visited Darnassus half the population were corpses.  At least they respawn.  

BTW, I've updated the server again this morning (around 8am) to 1.3.4.  They've changed autofire again, so maybe you'll have better luck with it.  It was just a minor update.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 10 - 32
Hawkeye
March 28, 2006, 3:42pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Do we have to update for this new fix?

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 11 - 32
Trarman
March 28, 2006, 6:08pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Nope, nothing required from your end.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 12 - 32
TheTim
March 28, 2006, 6:14pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
I found since the patch that monsters are missing. Mainly, the first quest I was out to finish yesterday had to do with killing some scarlet robe people or something like that in the northern part of the eastern plaguelands. Anyways, they were all there on sat/sun but none of them were there yesterday after patching.

Also all of the monsters are much more difficult to kill now, stuff I was just tearing through before takes me a lot longer to defeat and I almost die in the process. Things actually seem to cast spells on you now.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 13 - 32
Trarman
March 28, 2006, 6:22pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Hmm...  that's odd, because the world data hasn't changed.  The server patch only changed some script files.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 14 - 32
3 Pages 1 2 3 » All Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    World of Diddlycraft    Diddlycraft Support  ›  Brand New Version!