Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Burning Crusade progress
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Darkshade Forum    World of Diddlycraft    Diddlycraft Support  ›  Burning Crusade progress
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Burning Crusade progress  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
2 Pages 1 2 » All Recommend Thread
Diddly
March 13, 2007, 5:03am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
So I've got the expansion server running fine on PC.  Here's a picture of a blood elf I made.

However, I'm having some trouble getting the linux server to use the expansion files.  I'll look into it more and let you know.

Attachment: wowscrnshot_031307_005338_3878.jpg
Size: 47.28 KB

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Shabadu_SMH
March 13, 2007, 12:58pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Sweet.. I went to that link you had in some other email for flying mounts.. no imagery for flying mounts were actually there but the pics and screenshots looked pretty cool... damn it.. the more I see the more I want to start playing again.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 20
Diddly
March 13, 2007, 3:43pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
The other screenshot site wasn't of flying mounts, just of the expansion which includes flying mounts.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 20
Diddly
March 15, 2007, 4:56pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Just an update here: Got Burning Crusade running on linux now...  had to find custom source code and rebuild the thing from scratch, but it's running and I can connect to it fine within my network.

The part I'm scratching my head over, is why I can't get at it from the outside world.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 3 - 20
Shabadu_SMH
March 20, 2007, 3:05am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Hmmm, I'm coming back to town on the weekend of the 31st, but it is a full weekend.. if I manage to bring my computer home, maybe I'll swing by and get the install on my system?

On that note if you and Hawkeye (and significant others) were interested we might be hitting the damned country bar in Guelph again.. can't argue cheap beers and hot women.. well as a single dude I CAN'T at least, perhaps you too might at your ripe old got-a-girlfriend-or-wife ages
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 4 - 20
Diddly
March 28, 2007, 12:25pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Good news everyone!  I've figured out the connection issues...  and successfully tested from a laptop over dial up, so I know you'll be able to play once you get the expansion.

Speaking of which, I'm going to investigate running two realms of different versions simultaneously.  Then you can immediately connect to the base version....  means Shabadu can play his ranger character.  

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 5 - 20
Diddly
March 29, 2007, 2:50pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
So I investigated...  I can run more than one realm easily enough, but when they are different versions (as they would be in this case), neither one works.  Therefore, I'm leaving it as just the expanded version.  Hawkeye, come borrow the DVD some time to upgrade, and Shabadu when you drop off your PC to get your old files restored, I'll upgrade your version too.

I guess I'll have to put the patches and DVD online for users like Mauser to download...

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 6 - 20
Shabadu_SMH
April 1, 2007, 6:52pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Hmmmm.. I played briefly last night.. my lil' sis (and possibley one of her friends) might be interested in playin... could they borrow the game and download some weekend?  I didn't tell them this was a possibility yet, I just let Melissa try it and she seemed to really like the game so I thought I'd check with you...

On another note I have access to Hawkeye's characters.. or at least his big one.. but no access to any of my own characters (and by my own I mean Stain and Illyana).
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 7 - 20
Diddly
April 3, 2007, 2:27am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Yeah, that's just an empty level 1 version of Hawkeye's char.  Just delete it.

As for your own characters, everyone will have to start from scratch.  The editor I was going to use to restore old characters doesn't work with the expansion version.  Although, if the GM catches you online, they might be persuaded into giving a little gift now and then.

I have no problem with Melissa and her friend playing on the server.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 8 - 20
Diddly
April 4, 2007, 3:04am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
*Warning*

It appears that boats and zepplins currently irrevocably cause an error after the map dot trail.  Until further notice, don't ride them anywhere.

*Warning*

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 9 - 20
Diddly
April 5, 2007, 3:52pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble

Transports are fixed.  Feel free to ride the boats and zeppelins now.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 10 - 20
Shabadu_SMH
April 9, 2007, 2:41pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Diddles

Found 2 new probs...

Since I started my cahracter all over again, I was redoing all the quests.
I decided to retry that quest I told you about that sent me into the area with that glowing red orb around the city.. only it sent me there either way above or below... obviously there is something wrong with that quest... only this time when I "drown" I was in Hillsbrad so I ran to the flight path there to open it up before using my stone to bring me back to my home inn - the problem is everywhere from Hillsbrad to practically the Undercity I couldn't use my stone to return home because it said I was "ON A TRASPORT"  I'm aware it is something you can't control but I thought I'd post the problem here as a warning that some areas seem to block the use of the stone.

I've found some areas where your character starts drowning despite not being in water - the one area I specifically remember is the rogue zone in the Undercity... as I walk around the "outer" circle portion I suddenly have my "breathe metre" pop up... again I doubt this is something you can fix but more a warning that there are areas out there that are not underwater that your character may begin to drown.. just turn around and go back from where you came!
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 11 - 20
Shabadu_SMH
April 11, 2007, 1:03am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Couple more problems I found.. maybe these are things you can fix?
Well I *HOPE* they are at least...

#1 Autofire doesn't work (it did for my hunter but doesn't for my rogue at least)... sometimes my hand to hand attack just stops too?

#2 Stealth doesn't work.. it makes me all stealthy sure, but I can't walk up to around or near anyone without it disolving instantly.. thus any power requiring stealth is rendered useless (backstab, pick pockets etc).. but I doubt pick pockets would work anyhow, none of the "rogue" set of powers seems to work like open locks...

#3 Lastly (and the one I'm willing tobet might be something you can fix) is aggro.. it doesn't matter HOW low the level if you run by an enemy they lack the common sense to NOT attack you... losers.. give it up!  Seriously though, it gets annoying at times being trailed by 30 undeads or wolves all 10 lvls lower than you...
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 12 - 20
Shabadu_SMH
April 11, 2007, 2:58am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Well I think I just crashed your system.. I tried inviting your new character into a party so I could easily locate you on the city map and it caused a critical error message and crashed Wow on my computer... when I tried logging back on it just hung forever.. thus my guess that I crashed it all?

So as a warning, watch out if you ever plan on iviting someone into a party, it may not result in a party unless you count no longer playing Wow to be a party
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 13 - 20
Diddly
April 11, 2007, 11:35am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
No, you didn't crash the server.  I was able to log in after my client crashed too.  I saw you come online, tried chatting with you, but there was no response and then you were gone a couple mins later.  I guess that was all while you were hung logging in.

But I've added that problem to the bug tracking on the diddlycraft page.  I'll add these other ones you've listed too.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 14 - 20
2 Pages 1 2 » All Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    World of Diddlycraft    Diddlycraft Support  ›  Burning Crusade progress