Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
New version tonight!
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Darkshade Forum    World of Diddlycraft    Diddlycraft Support  ›  New version tonight!
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

New version tonight!  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
3 Pages 1 2 3 » All Recommend Thread
Trarman
March 5, 2006, 9:40am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
I am currently downloading a new version of the server which supports, believe it or not, the latest version of the client from Blizzard!  Yes, we're caught up to 1.9.4.

I will be updating the instructions page once I've successfully tested it myself offline.  Here is what is supposed to be fixed in the new release:
- Taming Beast working.
- Auctions working.
- Mail system working.
- Honor and honor vendors are working.
- BuyBack System For Vendors working
- BattleGround working
- CTF working.
{} Complete new AI system {}
*Aggros Working
*Mob Call help Working
*Mob Cast working
*Mob Enrage working
*Mob Speak working.
- Racing Working
- ALL flight/Boat/Tram Working.
- Map Exploring working
- Auto Flight path discovery Working
- Many quests are working.
- All instances working.
- Add ons Working
- Hive 70% being Spawn'd out.
- AQ instance 30% spawn'd
- Tier 2 and 3 Injection Complete
- AQ weapon injection Complete.
E-mail E-mail
Hawkeye
March 5, 2006, 10:21am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
   WOW!  That is cool!  I hope that the bag system is working.  I have an issue where one slot is not being filled at all!  And I have another bag but it does not automatically fill up when the main bag is full.  All that aside  I will be able to tame a beast!!!!  Look out Horde here comes the darkness!!!

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 37
Shabadu_SMH
March 5, 2006, 12:51pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I have had the same prob with bags not auto-filling.  Well I only have one bag, but I must ensure I see that it is full or not before NOT picking something up.

But , if the Horde fears anything it's what comes from the darkness where the sun don't shine!  Diddles should add a night-elf long range weapon just for you called the spicey chicken... you would have to be facing away from your enemies to emply it but it would be instant death!
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 37
TheTim
March 5, 2006, 1:58pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
New upgrade. Sweet. It'll be nice to have things feel more stable.

Good job dood. Keep up the good work!
E-mail E-mail Reply: 3 - 37
Trarman
March 5, 2006, 9:47pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
It'll take a few more nights before this happens.  Testing the new server tonight, I felt things were more unstable than the server we're currently running.  So while there may be some benefit to upgrading, I wonder how many new problems we're taking on.  I'm going to wait a bit to see if others in the community are noticing the same problems and how they are fixing them.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 4 - 37
Hawkeye
March 6, 2006, 6:38am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Ahhh regression.  I believe it's a polish dance. 1 step forward 2 steps back.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 5 - 37
Trarman
March 10, 2006, 9:22am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Good news!  The new server is in place (you will have noticed if you tried connecting to it with your current client.   )

One thing to note, when you first log into the server, you will be invisible.  Press "c" or bring up your character stats to become visible again.  (You aren't invisible to npc's, btw.  Just your character isn't rendering).  From that point on you'll be fine.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 6 - 37
TheTim
March 10, 2006, 11:30am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Do we have to download anything to play on the server or does the server just update us automatically.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 7 - 37
Trarman
March 10, 2006, 1:55pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
You have to follow the instructions on this web site.  Start at step 2 since you've already been playing on Diddlycraft.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 8 - 37
Hawkeye
March 10, 2006, 7:51pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
How big are these files???  

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 9 - 37
Trarman
March 10, 2006, 9:05pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
The 1.9.0 patch is 300 Megs.  The 1.9.3 patch is 24 Megs.  The rest are all piddly little 1 meggers.

Note, that the wow-1.9x patches are the same you would've downloaded from the Blizzard servers automatically.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 10 - 37
TheTim
March 10, 2006, 9:29pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Well I downloaded all the patches and installed them and installed the hack client thing and unzipped the addons.

When I log into the server all the NPC's and MONSTERS are missing. I don't see anything, I seem to be the only one in the entire world. My character is NOT invisible when I log in so I'm wondering if everyone else IS. I keep logging in and out and it seems that if I logout while OUTSIDE then when i log back in I can see the npc's that are within that small area. (Some of them anyways). If I logout while inside a building then I can't see anyone... weird!

Instances also have the same problem.

Its a bummer cause I was looking forward to seeing how good these drop rates are, but since there isn't a moster in sight I have no idea.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 11 - 37
Trarman
March 10, 2006, 9:51pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
That is very strange!

I will take a look at that later tonight when I get home.  Hmmm.. now that I think of it, my Tauren didn't see any npc's in Brill either.  But Diddly definitely saw npc's in Darkshore.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 12 - 37
TheTim
March 10, 2006, 11:28pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
It seems everything is starting to appear in the world again, maybe it just took a while for the server to catch up or something with the new patch.

Anyways the drops are crazy. One kill fills my entire inventory. Still no blue items though... ...

Anyways, even though the drops are cool there is a major problem with it. YOU CANT SELL ANY OF THE ITEMS. When you go to sell any armor or weapons it says "You can't sell soulbound items."

So yah, thats extremely annoying. Some good things though, looks like there is a lot of NEW stuff that is working that wasn't before, quests,  NPCs with INFO to tell you, npcs that didn't exist before and should have. Restrictions on profession stuff. Also most importantly the ELITE monsters are much more manageable now. You actually damage them the way you would expect, they are still much tougher than the other normal monsters but they aren't godlike anymore. And they use spells and stuff on you which they also never did. So thats good. Oh.. and killing them gives you GOOD XP rather than the 100 I would get from killing a lvl 21 elite, now I get 1100XP. Much more satisfying.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 13 - 37
Trarman
March 11, 2006, 1:37am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
True, right clicking a soul binding object doesn't work any more.  But you CAN sell 'em if you drag them across to the merchant's window.

Glad to see there's some improvements on this server though.  Someone will have to test the Tame functions now, see if they work.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 14 - 37
3 Pages 1 2 3 » All Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    World of Diddlycraft    Diddlycraft Support  ›  New version tonight!