Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Server Update
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Darkshade Forum    World of Diddlycraft    Diddlycraft Support  ›  Server Update
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Server Update  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » All Recommend Thread
Shabadu_SMH
June 20, 2007, 1:33am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Oh I manage and I manage and I manage.. I manage so well I managed to do it again tonight.. I thought as long as I didn't RUN THROUGH Dalarian, I would be fine.. so all night I avoided the missions that would bring me there.. but I guess flying OVER Dalarian is just as bad cause now I'm jammed in the sky with no moves...

Maybe I'll just switch continents.. I never ran into any of these probs over in the Barrens...
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 30 - 62
Shabadu_SMH
June 23, 2007, 12:19am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Well it happened again... fucking rouge glitch.. or rouge in the undead land.. I dunno... but it really is starting to piss me off
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 31 - 62
Diddly
June 23, 2007, 7:03pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Well, I've updated the server..  over 200 changes since the one we were running.  No idea how it will effect your rogue skills, but I've noticed the glitch has gone away.

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 32 - 62
Shabadu_SMH
June 23, 2007, 10:25pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Thank goodness for that!

Chiquitta mentioned I should list any glitches I find..

Wasn't on long but the rogue skils are broken again.. my two stealth skills don't work anymore (as in they work BUT as soon as I'm near someone they "end" automatically)... also, my stun attacks don't stun.. they all do the dammage but the secondary part of the attack isn't working.

Also noticed that the bad duys see and walk through walls and ceilings again... suddenly I had 5 baddies rush me from all the walls/ceiling areas and my "go invisible in battle" stealth power wouldn't save my a**!! The best part was regening brought them all down on me again.. hadda die 3 times to get away from them all!    Of course all this IS better than melting into the scenery and getting stuck!

Anyhoo.. I'll keep posting as I find more whenever I play again.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 33 - 62
Chiquita
July 29, 2007, 12:08am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
Shabs...wow server update is being done likely on Sunday July 29, need to write down where your talents are located to....

don't try loggin in on Sunday as you will slow down the update process
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 34 - 62
Shabadu_SMH
July 29, 2007, 3:04pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Crap... I'm not sure what time the update is gonna happen so I'm gonna log on and write down my talent path... I might stay on for a bit if my talents aren't already reset in the assumption that it is the AM and the update hasn't begun...

Just tell me to skedaddle and I'll log off at any point though.

Out of curiosity, how long DOES the server update take?
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 35 - 62
Shabadu_SMH
July 31, 2007, 11:59pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Hey Diddles.. downloaded all the patches and ran em all fine.
Set realmlist with the two new "sets" and saved.

Now when I try logging on, it brings me to Diddlycraft BUT when the character list loads, a windown pops open saying "loggin in to game server" but eventually gives up and pops open a different window that says "Realm Selection" and shows "Realm Name: Diddleycraft", "Type: Normal", "Charactersnone), and "Population: low".

So it won't let me in.. what I do wrong in this case?
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 36 - 62
Chiquita
August 1, 2007, 2:39pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
Did you see the second note on Diddly's homepage about deleting two files?
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 37 - 62
Shabadu_SMH
August 1, 2007, 5:00pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I saw it says:
Remember to change the realmlist.wtf
set realmlist darkshade.homeip.net
set patchlist darkshade.homeip.net

I also like to make sure the shortcut I use to launch WoW points to wow.exe instead of launcher.exe

After the patches - and I followed those instructions.
I see no reference in the "patches" section that instructs to delete, but I don't deny that I'm blind and, on occasion, dumb... so if there is more than what I just copied and pasted here, please let me know and I'll do it so I can indeed play!!!
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 38 - 62
Shabadu_SMH
August 1, 2007, 5:02pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Oh wait now I see it is a site update, not listed in the patch section.. I just jumped right over that segment altogether.. I'll try that and see if it resolves my issues tonight if I get home in good time.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 39 - 62
Chiquita
August 1, 2007, 5:34pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
Remember to delete the WTF directory and the WDB directory inside the Cache folder..
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 40 - 62
Shabadu_SMH
August 2, 2007, 12:52am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I tried that, but to no avail... I'm much saddened that I cannot play
Stupid updates.. never go smoothly for me.

Any other ideas what might be happening?  It directs me to Diddlycraft but it can't log me into the game server for whatever reason...
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 41 - 62
Diddly
August 2, 2007, 1:06pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Remember to delete those folders (WTF, WDB) between every unsuccessful attempt.  They cache information about the server, so if you have bad info there, it'll persist and even though you'd normally be able to log in, it'll fail with that cached info.

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 42 - 62
Chiquita
August 2, 2007, 4:50pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
Diddly, last night adjustments appear to be working. I have noticed that resurection time for badies is about 15 sec if you loot and 20 seconds if you leave them unlooted. So if you are killing three badies, the first one will be gone before you have a chance to finish battling and loot it. If it could be changed to wait until you leave the area it would make things easier playing alone in the higher level areas. I checked on the horse rider instructor and expect for Brill..seems ok to me.  Cloth armour merchants in Azure Hill and Exodor are missing. Mail is now instantaneous to other player. Changing interface option such as buff duration and instant quest seems to reset back to defaults every time you log in.   A side note, I've played both my horde and alliance "V"s today and all major friendly cities I was in have at least one ?? elite badie(s) just roaming around ready to strike. So whatever level the badies are at they cannot be seen by 45 level players.

I have not checked zepplins or boats as i fear getting "V" trapped in no man's land again.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 43 - 62
Chiquita
August 2, 2007, 6:23pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight

All boats bad bad bad bad bad.....Myratia level 12 is gone gone like Velielia ..last night with the zepplin...

Diddly, Shabs, and Mauser stay off zeps and boats.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 44 - 62
5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » All Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    World of Diddlycraft    Diddlycraft Support  ›  Server Update