Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Server Update
Forum Login
Login Name: Create a new account
Password:     Forgot password

Darkshade Forum    World of Diddlycraft    Diddlycraft Support  ›  Server Update
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Server Update  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » All Recommend Thread
Shabadu_SMH
August 3, 2007, 1:03pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Yees!  It worked last night.  I erased all the files and still couldn't get it to work but I guess my computer has some wierd RAM memory capacity or something because I deleted the WTD & WTF folders and it still wouldn't let me log on until I did that, restarted my computer and logged on.. THEN it worked..

Wierd.

Ah well.  So what are you guys up to tonight?  Feel like getting together?  I am the senior person at the office today so I'm stuck here until the bitter end meaning it could be 8 or 9 by the time I get through the long weekend traffic and back to KW...  let me know on messenger today if you're interested and I'll swing by though..
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 45 - 62
Chiquita
August 7, 2007, 5:00pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
Questions for the GM:

1) Will instance level restrictions be removed?
2) Is it possible to re-establish line of sight and maintain a stable world?
3)Are ressurection of wow control characters set at...when you leave the area or another setting?
4) How do you want us to report baddies in a friendly city?
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 46 - 62
Chiquita
August 8, 2007, 6:27pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
Portal to Ogrimmar from Tirisfal Glades and from Stranglethorn Vale do not work, you have to take portal from Booty Bay to Rachet to change continents.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 47 - 62
Diddly
August 19, 2007, 10:39pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Updated server:
Transports are still deadly.. so don't use 'em.  I'll have the basic portals added soon.
Instance level restrictions are disabled
Line Of Sight is enabled...  no crashes yet, so that's a good sign

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 48 - 62
Shabadu_SMH
August 20, 2007, 1:30am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Ok, the server seems to crash (or just dump me out) every 10-20 minutes..
This started around 8 or 8:30-ish on Sunday night... when I logged back on (I had to wait 5-10 minutes before I was even permitted to log back on) I was dumped back to the last time I died.. this happened a couple times before I finally gave up in frustration...

Suggestions on what is wrong?  I even tried dumping the WTS and WTC folders in case that was the problem.. which it didn't seem to resolve anything.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 49 - 62
Diddly
August 20, 2007, 1:44am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
No, it's the Line of Sight thing...  seems to crash the server randomly.  Bleh.  I've turned it off.  Should be solid again.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 50 - 62
Danmick
September 3, 2007, 5:38pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
I can't get the portal to Grom'gol to work from either undercity or orgrimmar.  When I click on it, it says "opening chest", and always fails.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 51 - 62
Diddly
September 4, 2007, 9:47pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
If Grom'Gol portal isn't working, there's another way there.  Use the portal to Undercity and grab a zepplin to Grom'Gol.  (You'll be okay because it's only cross-continent Zepplins that are deadly).  Just be sure you get on the right Zepplin.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 52 - 62
Danmick
September 5, 2007, 8:18pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
Now when I try to log in, I'm prompted for my password, and I get a message saying 'unable to connect' or something..  I also got a notification on the login screen for the maintenance of the blizzard site.  Is the game trying to communicate with WoW, even though the wtf file in the game main directory still points to darkshade?
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 53 - 62
Shabadu_SMH
September 5, 2007, 9:34pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Do not send anything to Blizzard!!! Yes the program will still try to connect to them, just never send them any replies.. just shut down and restart...

But I had the same problem you're talking about too last night... not sure what happened there but it should be up and fixed sometime soon.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 54 - 62
Danmick
September 5, 2007, 10:46pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
It's been doing it for a couple of days now.  Don't worry, I'm not dumb enough to send them anything (like asking why I can't log into diddlycraft)
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 55 - 62
Danmick
September 7, 2007, 12:21am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
Okay, so today I tried reinstalling the game (with all the patches), and I still can't get in.  Now the login screen doesn't even say diddlycraft on it.  Any suggestions?
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 56 - 62
Diddly
September 7, 2007, 1:40am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Sorry folks, I've been pretty busy lately.  While the server was still running, there's a second half to it that basically just handles logging in, and that second part was down.  Sorry.  It's back up now.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 57 - 62
Chiquita
September 7, 2007, 5:15pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
Since last night's fix I'm able to get into WOW without any problems...
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 58 - 62
Diddly
September 9, 2007, 9:21pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Another update today.  I've determined the bulk of our problems have been due to the server running on a 64-bit OS.  Using some linux coolness, I've created a virtual 32-bit OS running alongside the 64-bit one (because it'd be just too much work to back up everything, including NWN and the web site, and start over with 32-bit).  The MaNGOS developers are not expending much effort on getting things to work in 64-bit world, since they're still mainly developing in Windoze (which is usually 32-bit).  

So long story short, the server is running in 32-bit mode again and should be more stable.  I've enabled Line of Sight again, so please let me know if the server is crashing (it'll bring itself back up again in 10 minutes or less).  Unfortunately, the Zepplins and Boats that cross continents are still deadly.  I was really hoping that one would go away with the switch.  Maybe next database update then.

Oh, BTW, I've installed and tested connecting to the server with a base version of the client, no expansion, and was able to play.  So Hawkeye, you have no excuse....  aside from suspicious computer problems, a wife, and two babies.  As I said, no excuse!  

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 59 - 62
5 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 » All Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    World of Diddlycraft    Diddlycraft Support  ›  Server Update