Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Movies
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Movies  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
3 Pages 1 2 3 » All Recommend Thread
Hawkeye
April 4, 2006, 8:07pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Apparently, this summer is supposed to be big with regard to new releases.  MI3, Davinci Code, seem interesting.  Any other hot releases that people are looking forward to see this summer?

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message
Trarman
April 4, 2006, 9:02pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Lucky Number Sleven looks interesting
E-mail E-mail Reply: 1 - 42
Shabadu_SMH
April 5, 2006, 11:32am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I agree, Lucky Number Sleven does look good... MI3 is supposed to be good but then again Tom Cruise has lost a LOT of credit what with his stupidity in the last year or so - I'm guessing if it tanks his career is over.  The commercials in theatre made it look pretty cool, but we'll see if that is enough to bring people past his moronic actions..
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 42
Hawkeye
April 5, 2006, 12:05pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Sleven does look good, i'd forgotten about that one.  MI3 will be good, as long as there are not waltzing motorcycles like the last one.  That was just lame!

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 3 - 42
Shabadu_SMH
April 5, 2006, 11:58pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Yes well what would you expect from John Woo?  I thought MI2 felt very comic-bookish, which is what I went in expecting so it wasn't surprised when it was.  It was far from brilliant and I agree the motorcycle stunt ws lame (hell the whole motorcycle chase was lame) but again it is what I expected from John Woo.

I beleive X-men: The Last Showdown is due out this summer and the preview I saw for it made it look really good.  Bryan Singer, the director of the first two X-men movies was involved in filming the new Superman movie so instead of helping write and directing X3 he had to pass because the studios forced the movie to be done now.  But to the credit of X3 the director from Layer Cake is on the job and I think he did a great job with that (and no Layer Cake was not directed by Madonna's wife Guy Ritchie like rumour has it.. he was involved in some production work I think but he isn't the director).

And I'm not sure when it is due out (in 2007 I hear) but Joss Whedon is working on Wonder Woman... women in line for the lead include Sarah Michelle Gellar and Charisma Carpenter (Buffy and Cordellia from Buffy the Vamp Slayer) but also Katie Holmes and J Lo too.. there is a slew of names in the list at this point in time...
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 4 - 42
Hawkeye
April 12, 2006, 12:45pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Oh yeah that Little pirate movie... i'd forgotten about that.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 5 - 42
Shabadu_SMH
April 12, 2006, 3:02pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Are you guys available this weekend to catch Lucky Number Sleven?
I have dinner plans on Friday night but Saturday I'm available, lemme know what your schedule is like if you wanna catch Sleven.

And good call Chiq, I also had forgotten about Dead Man's Chest - it looks like it will be good.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 6 - 42
Hawkeye
April 13, 2006, 8:01pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
At this point in time Chubbs and I are free on saturday, but not to go to the movie.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 7 - 42
Shabadu_SMH
April 17, 2006, 2:24am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Okay well since we didn't get to see Lucky Number Sleven, check out this movie instead.  Consider it my Easter good (or bad) wishes to all of you!  Hoppy Easter everyone!

http://www.wimp.com/easter/
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 8 - 42
Hawkeye
April 17, 2006, 12:56pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Any movies you guys think will be lame this year?

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 9 - 42
Shabadu_SMH
April 17, 2006, 2:14pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I've heard mixed reviews about the DaVinci Code, that it is merely riding the mutual coat-tails of a) the book's success and b) Tom Hanks.. that the script was put together sloppy and would not live up to the expectations (of course that WAS from a car magazine so who's to say the author knows movies that are NOT about cars).

Speaking of car movies, Fast and Furious 3 is due out.  Saw a trailer for it.. oh my god did it look bad.  I saw the first one on DVD.. it was ok, maybe it would have been better if I were more of a car person.  I saw parts of number two were they got the blond guy to return but Vin Diesel turned down the offer because it wasn't asomething he was interested in doing (instead he made that baby-sitter for the president (or some politician's kids) movie - great choice there Vin).  Althought from the moments of the second Fast and Furious that I saw perhaps the kids movie WAS the better choice... anyhow the 3rd version of this movie takes place in Japan and while some of the action sequences looked pretty cool on the big screen, they were not able to retain any of the original actors/actresses and the writing didn't seem to be up to the (already sub-par) level of the orginal.  

So keep your eyes and ears open for this one - I'm sure it will bomb in theatres!
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 10 - 42
Hawkeye
April 17, 2006, 7:03pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
What about Scary Movie 4?  Are they beating the heck out of that dead horse or what?

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 11 - 42
Trarman
April 17, 2006, 7:10pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
But of course, if the movies don't make huge profits, then it couldn't actually be because they're BAD... no, it was the nasty evil Pirates making camcorder versions and posting them on the internets.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 12 - 42
Shabadu_SMH
April 18, 2006, 1:49pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Yah every time I see that stupid commercial before a movie that has the stuntman who is getting ripped off by piracy I think to myself "hey stupid, why are you part of a system that puts YOUR life at risk for $50/hour when the schlub you are standing in for is getting paid $20million?"  Come on, how sorry am I supposed to feel for a guy who decided he would make a career outta crashing cars?  I'm not saying it doesn't take some talent nor that I want stunts to look like crap in movie, I'm just saying you made the choice to be in that career.

As for Scary Movie 4, I'll probably see it when it comes out on video, nothing like a good laugh... well with that movie it will likely be a bad laugh if there are any laughs, but I like the girl in that movie that plays Cindy (the one who was the "American rock-star" in Lost in Translation..) so at least there is something worth my while if the humour and script sucks
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 13 - 42
Trarman
April 18, 2006, 2:40pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Is she the same one from Scary Movie 3 as well?  (I assume it was 3, not sure though.. the one that parodies The Ring and Circles)
E-mail E-mail Reply: 14 - 42
3 Pages 1 2 3 » All Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Movies