Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Movies
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Movies  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
3 Pages « 1 2 3 » All Recommend Thread
Shabadu_SMH
April 18, 2006, 3:48pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Yes she is.  She has been the main character is all of them.. I just think she is cute (and she really isn't as ditzy as she acts in the movie, I've seen her in lots of stuff and a number of interviews... not that I mind a hot, ditzy blond mind you

Speaking of movies, I'm pasting in an entry I read online about the lead-in blockbusters for this summer.  We discussed some of these but I thought Hakweye especially might be interested in "Poseidon" because it is directed by the guy who did Das Boot.

This year's summer lead-ins: Mission: Impossible III, pitting Tom Cruise against supervillain Philip Seymour Hoffman; Poseidon, a remake of The Poseidon Adventure directed by Hollywood's king of the sea, Wolfgang Petersen (The Perfect Storm, Das Boot); the animated Over the Hedge, an animals-against-humans comedy from the makers of Shrek; and The Da Vinci Code, reuniting Tom Hanks with director Ron Howard.

If ya wanted to read the rest of the article, I got it off canoe.ca here: http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/2006/04/17/1537923-ap.html

The article is prety long and outlines every movie due out in the next couple months.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 15 - 42
Hawkeye
April 20, 2006, 12:21pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I think I'd like to see a movie version of Happy Days, except the Fonze is a crack addicted pimp.  You know, a modernized version, except still set in the 50's.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 16 - 42
Shabadu_SMH
April 20, 2006, 3:19pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Heh heh.. well you know that Welcome Back Kotter is coming to the big screen in 2007, right?  And MR Travolta will be playing a mjor role (my guess would be the teacher because he made a bad and barely beleiveable student the first time around, I can only imagine him in the same role this time around...)

Maybe he can play a crack-addicted pimp sent forward in time (from the 50's) named Arthur Schmidt-Fonzerlli??
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 17 - 42
Hawkeye
April 21, 2006, 3:30pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Welcome back Kotter is such a lame idea for a movie.  I'd reather see a movie version of Three's Company staring Brad Pitt, Janet Reno and Queen Elizabeth!

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 18 - 42
Shabadu_SMH
April 23, 2006, 2:18pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Why Brab Pitt, I think Gilbert Godfrey as JAck, Janet, Mr Roper AND Larry would make for a better movie.. and naturally Britney Spears as Chrissy.  Now THERE is a good cast!
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 19 - 42
Trarman
April 24, 2006, 1:45am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Oh, I don't know if it was mentioned, but the movie I'm most looking forward to is the next X-Men movie.  Saw a trailer recently and it looked phenomenal.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 20 - 42
Shabadu_SMH
April 25, 2006, 2:35am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Yah I agree.. it looks really relly good.  Other than seeing Sleven with you and your other half, we should catch that one too.  So when do you think we can catch Sleven?  Or do you own it yet?
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 21 - 42
Hawkeye
August 14, 2006, 2:15pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Hey Trarman.  You were right the next bond flick is a prequel.  It goes back to when bond first started as an MI5 agent.  Looks violent that Chubbs may like to watch it...

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 22 - 42
Shabadu_SMH
August 15, 2006, 7:26pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Supposedly he is already working with the producers on his next Bond installment, which I find surprising because it is unlike the franchise to release movies more than at least a few years apart.
This movie has been made before supposedly too...
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 23 - 42
Trarman
August 23, 2006, 12:33pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Have you guys seen the trailer for Crank yet?  What do you think of that one?
E-mail E-mail Reply: 24 - 42
Hawkeye
August 24, 2006, 1:41pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Never heard of it.  Who's in it and what's it about?

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 25 - 42
Trarman
August 25, 2006, 6:16pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
It's that guy from Transporter.  Seems like a good action movie.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 26 - 42
Shabadu_SMH
August 31, 2006, 7:09pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I think it looks pretty good, as long as you're expecting a high-action, low plotline movie.  The Transporter delivered on that as did #2, although ironically #2 had a better story... as long as you had no great aspirations for where the movie would take you (beyond cool action) it delivered!
I think Crank will be the same...

There is a movie called Run Lola Run that is kinda the same thing, it starts out with a dude calling his girlfriend telling her a drug dealer is gonna kill him in 20 minutes if she can't bring $100,000 to him in that time... made for an interesting movie.. Crank looks similar but dude is gonna die from whatever drug they stuck in him instead of a drug dealer killing him for losing some money.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 27 - 42
The Lance
September 27, 2006, 2:13pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Hi anyone here like anime?
E-mail E-mail Reply: 28 - 42
Trarman
September 28, 2006, 1:20pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Welcome to the message board Lance.  I'm not a big fan of anime myself, but perhaps you could explain what the attraction is?  What would be some good examples to watch that might change my mind?

Don't say Akira, either.  I saw that, and while the animation was pretty impressive, the movie itself fell short of expectations.  I watched Princess Mononoke as well, but was left with generally the same impression.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 29 - 42
3 Pages « 1 2 3 » All Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Movies