Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Movies
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Movies  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
3 Pages « 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
The Lance
September 28, 2006, 6:55pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
well the quality of animation is superior to most offerings from n. america.  there is one in particular that i am interested in.  it is usually on saturdays at 11 or mondays at 7 on ytv.  it is called avatar the last airbender.  the interesting thing about this one is that while it is very good animation, clean crisp etc, it is obviously in the anime style but acutally produced in n. america.  (though all the animators appear to have korean names).  most movie anime have unique plot lines, which are different from the norm and that is another reason i like to watch them.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 30 - 42
Shabadu_SMH
October 22, 2006, 8:07pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I've seen the Avatar cartoon (on Saturday morning at 11:00am on YTV I think).. the story line is better than the few anime movies I've seen... the animation doesn't seem to anything especially good or bad, but the story is involving enough.  If you're interested in the series I beleive Rogers actually RENTS the entire first season on DVD..
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 31 - 42
Hawkeye
October 23, 2006, 12:19pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I've seen the first season for download on the net.  I enjoy the show as well.  

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 32 - 42
Hawkeye
January 8, 2007, 9:32pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Indiana Jones 4...

I really hope it is a good movie, I wouldn't want the last movie of that series to blow chunks!  That being said, if they do it so that it is age appropriate it should be good.  By age appropriate I mean two things, first that the character is older and therefore the script and scenes are reflective of the characters older age, and second, that they don't try to dumb it down like a certain other lucas series! and that it is more for an adult audience...

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 33 - 42
Trarman
January 8, 2007, 10:28pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Quoted from Hawkeye
Indiana Jones 4...

I really hope it is a good movie, I wouldn't want the last movie of that series to blow chunks!  That being said, if they do it so that it is age appropriate it should be good.  By age appropriate I mean two things, first that the character is older and therefore the script and scenes are reflective of the characters older age, and second, that they don't try to dumb it down like a certain other lucas series! and that it is more for an adult audience...

Look forward to the lost hobbit race of homo florian to appear, complete with cute little furry bodies and their own little language that sounds very ewok-ish.  Indy found a map to the only place on earth these cuddly little people live, but a secret evil nazi coven wants it for the solid gold magma rumoured to be in the volcano on their island.

Indy is captured while attending an extreme sports conference and single-handedly fights the entire secret nazi army.  He steals back his map from a cryogenically frozen clone of Hitler and rushes off to bring civilization to the homo florians.  Only, to his surprise, dinosaurs ALSO still survive on this island, so Indy ends up fleeing from t-rex after t-rex.  A helpful little florian named Mar Mar Jinx helps him hide in a fantastic underwater world created by the primative florians.

Oh, and Short-Round is back, having never aged and still ready with cute kid comments for every situation.

E-mail E-mail Reply: 34 - 42
Hawkeye
January 9, 2007, 1:57pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
That's quite the load of drivel you've concocted.  "Meesa so happy Mar Mar is in it!" Coven eh, I always thought there was a link between witches, wicca and nazis!

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 35 - 42
Hawkeye
March 6, 2007, 1:33pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I watched 'Flags of Our Fathers'  the other week.  It was good.  It depicted the three surviving soldiers who raised the flag on Mt Suribachi during the battle for Iwo Jima.  Canadian Adam Beach played the native american Ira Hayes.  They were sent on a PR tour of the states while their buddies died fighting in Okinawa.  Interesting movie.  It was directed by Clint Eastwood.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 36 - 42
Shabadu_SMH
March 7, 2007, 10:06pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Hmm, I heard Flags of Our Fathers was good.. even though everyone else thinks Clint is a good director, I think he is only a mediocre one.. none of his movies have really wowed me.. but then I really did not like Million Dollar Baby.

On another note, going back a few messages, if you guys are still waching Avatar, season two just started up a couple weeks ago on YTV on Saturday mornings... looks pretty good!  I've only seen one or two episodes and clearly missed the first one, but it looks good!
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 37 - 42
Diddly
March 7, 2007, 10:32pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I tried the Avatar game for the PSP.   Wow that sucked.  Among the worst games I've played... ever.

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 38 - 42
Hawkeye
March 8, 2007, 9:21pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
RE: Clint as director

Shab's you didn't like Unforgiven?  I think that is a great movie.  I also want to see Letters from Iwo Jima, which shows the Japanese side of the battle.

RE: Avatar

Actually, the 2nd season was on hiatus and is now back..

RE: Avatar the game

I wouldn't think it would translate well into a game, at least not an action game.  Perhaps a roleplaying game would work.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 39 - 42
Shabadu_SMH
March 10, 2007, 12:21am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
RE: Clint as director

Mmm.. I thought Unforgiven was alright... I guess I'm not the biggest cowboy movie fan.. overall it was one of the better ones I can think of.. I heard Iwo Jima is supposed to be good... I'm sure I'll see it some day once day buys it

RE: Avatar

Yah I don't know much about much on TV since I don't have cable but the couple eiposdes I saw made me wish I did.. I'd consider renting the season if Rogers has it across the street (they currently have season 1).

RE: Avatar the game

Wow.. worst game ever, huh?  I actually thought it might make for a good game, you could play whatever elemental bender you chose.. or if they DID set it up as an RPG you could be the Avatar with developing skills and you could gain allies with other bender abilities that you could control and develop their skills.. anyhoo, i would think it would have good legs if someone invested the effort into the game and story...
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 40 - 42
Shabadu_SMH
March 11, 2007, 9:15pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Hey guys.. check out this movie..

http://imdb.com/title/tt0446666/

It has the oddest name ever: Chad Schmidt... apparently if you cross genes with someone named Chad and someone with the last name Schmidt, you get Brad Pitt... ?
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 41 - 42
Hawkeye
March 14, 2007, 8:44pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I really don't think I want to venture too deeply into this discussion.  I can see it deteriorate rather quickly.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 42 - 42
3 Pages « 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Movies