Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Zombie Slaughter
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Zombie Slaughter  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
8 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » All Recommend Thread
Diddly
May 1, 2009, 3:19pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Yes, I haven't changed how Dragons react to explosions.  You want me to?  That will definitely make the Dragon levels significantly harder.

I kind of like the delay in Bazooka explosions, because it makes using the crates and fences more necessary.  Right now, what I do is check if forward momentum has reached zero on the shell before exploding it.  I suppose I could change that so that when forward momentum drops below a certain threshold it explodes.  It's just a much easier calculation to check if it's zero.  (Performance consideration)

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 45 - 113
Hawkeye
May 1, 2009, 5:11pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Yes I think it would make sense.  Because they attack the heroes firing bullets at them... why would they not attack those firing shells at them.  (ie dragons)

As for the bazooka delay... I'm fine with it, but thought you should get faster enemies because even werewolves can be killed by bazooka.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 46 - 113
Shabadu_SMH
May 1, 2009, 5:25pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
As per our discussion at lunch with danmick, I think a god-mode would be pretty cool.. you know a mode that allowed you to have essentially an unlimited amount of cash to create slaughter-fests of the undead.  

But to follow up on that idea, I had a few other ideas that might be cool for the god-mode including:
The Truly Endless Night
     -once you hit "start wave" the badies just keep a coming
     -the NEW idea I had was to be able to select the length & power of the wave
     -FOR LENGTH:
           -allow the user to select long the badies continue to pour out (in seconds
     -FOR POWER:
           -option1: allow the user to choose a "power level"
               -easy (only zombies)
               -medium (random selection of all badies, but NOT dragon)
               -hard (random selection of all badies including dragon)
               -extreme (only dragons)
           -option2: provide user a list with selectable boxes
                -Allow user to choose which badies do and don't show randomly appear
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 47 - 113
Hawkeye
May 1, 2009, 5:36pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
You Jerks went out for lunch today!  Jerks.  Didn't invite me... Jerks.

Anyway, I was thinking about the walls and fences you have... I think you need to make them take damage from things..  likely not zombies, but certainly damage from exploding ordinance and dragon breath.. would bring a new dimension to the game heretofore unaddressed.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 48 - 113
Shabadu_SMH
May 1, 2009, 5:41pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Also.. perhaps a choice for the direction the badies come from?
i.e. "Standard" - all come in from the right and run to the left
      versus
     "Chaos" - all come in from random sides and run to opposite side
The chaos level would be BRUTAL, especially if you had dragons!!
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 49 - 113
Hawkeye
May 1, 2009, 5:54pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Too bad there's no chat feature on this thing.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 50 - 113
Diddly
May 1, 2009, 6:06pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I like Hawkeye's idea of barriers taking damage from ordinance.  I know I originally started off suggesting that barriers would make destructible by enemies, then just went for slows and stops since it was easier.  But if your own bazooka explosions blow up walls...  nasty!

And I can do faster enemies.  Not a problem.  I can do Dragons attacking bazooka's too...  in fact we all agreed at lunch that was the way to go.

God mode will be a tough one.  I think it should be a never-ending night, which can start off easy and just get more and more nasty as time goes on.  2 problems are:
1) How do you know it's over?  It only ends when your guys are all dead?  Not much of a God mode!
2) Frame rate.  The more stuff we put on the screen, the more burden we put on the cpu.  Exploding Zombies level alone can already bring my framerate down below 10fps (if enough explode at once).  That's unacceptable in my opinion.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 51 - 113
Shabadu_SMH
May 2, 2009, 5:09am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
The reason I suggested a time option for god mode was just to solve that problem.. you can choose an attack that lasts 30 seconds andthen add to your attacks/defences.. or you can choose 5 minutes solid and watch the fun unfold...

As for the walls taking dammage, we talked about that near the beginning Diddly.. I thought perhaps instead of brick, fence and crate walls, you could have just have brick walls in three phases: whole (same as current brick wall), partial (as the name implies the wall is still half intact and slows badies pretty well) and rubble (which makes it hard to walk over fast, thus slowing the bad guys down, but not TOO much)... and you can build a wall in any of these states ($10, $50, $75 still) and as the walls take dammage they degrade from one level to the next.. but nothing less than rubble because it will ALWAYS be there!  Our explosion (bazooka troops, tanks and even mines if they come about) shoudl harm the walls, as well as exploding zombie explosions and the dragon walking over them.. but not until they actually pass over the barrier.. THEN it is destroyed!

But that leads me to my next hope - please create a destroy button so I can change my barriers down the road in stead of being stuck with the set up I first created at the start of the level..

Ok.. one last suggestion.. this one for a new enemy: stealth zombie!  These zombies are harder to hit as they are only visible when they are within a certain distance of your heroes (i.e. 15 feet or 1/4 of the screen or something like that).  And to top it off, they could be invisible until they are NOT blocked by a wall, so until they are inside your defences!  If stealth ZOMBIE seem contradicting, it could be a tougher werewolf... or else there could be wolf-shaped werewolves that do less dammage but move in packs very VERY fast?

Food for thought.. ok one more round of zombie nights before bed.. talk to you later.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 52 - 113
Shabadu_SMH
May 2, 2009, 5:15am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Hmmm. seems that heroes regenerate after the night ends again??
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 53 - 113
Diddly
May 2, 2009, 1:36pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Fixed respawning Heroes.  Added new level where Zombies spew fire (courtesy of Hawkeye)

UPDATE: Added Splitting Zombies (split into smaller Zombies when killed) (courtesy of Chiquita)

Decreased Dragon health too, to compensate for diminished Bazooka Explosion damage.  *Almost* was able to make it through the 3 dragon level today

UPDATE2: Added Zombie from the Sea.  Major rewrite of all timing routines.. hopefully much more cpu efficient now.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 54 - 113
Shabadu_SMH
May 4, 2009, 1:52am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Wow.. I would say you made some MAJOR changes to the game!!  Wow!  Especially in the effectiveness of the flame thrower... ouchie!
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 55 - 113
Shabadu_SMH
May 4, 2009, 2:19am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I STILL had one sniper who was killed off inthe 3 dragon level respawn the next night...
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 56 - 113
Shabadu_SMH
May 4, 2009, 2:41am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Make that 2 snipers who respawned EVERY level after the dragons killed them...

Also, I don't like how often the dragons retreat now.. they get within range of my tank (or bazooka dude) and take 1 or two hits and fall back OUT of my range but keep up their long range attack, chewing up my hero health while I can do nothing.  Also, they tend to "disappear" a lot meaning their head or legs or body is not visible on the screen after they retreat (and thus often they are "not there" because my heroes do not attack them, but when they get stomped on by the dragon that is not fully there they still get killed... not sure if that is a bug or not, but it is something I experienced more than just tonight.
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 57 - 113
Hawkeye
May 4, 2009, 12:55pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I was playing at my parent's place on saturday and found I could not get past the three dragons with 14 bazookas!  I'll try it again today to see how balanced it is.

Also, You need to do something with Dragon targeting.  By that I mean where heroes shoot at the dragon.  The dragon's head gets in their range but they don't shoot until the dragon is practically on top of them.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 58 - 113
Diddly
May 4, 2009, 1:18pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I need to rebalance the bazookas.  I believe I've made them too weak.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 59 - 113
8 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » All Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Zombie Slaughter