No Members and 1 Guests

Zombie Slaughter  This thread currently has 1 views. Print Print Thread
8 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » All Recommend Thread
Diddly
June 8, 2009, 7:39pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Quoted from Hawkeye

I stand corrected.

2 Trillion?  Good Gravy!    How many rounds did you play?

Currently Reading:Next in Queue:
When Heavens CollideRed Mars - Kim Stanley Robinson
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 90 - 113
Hawkeye
June 8, 2009, 7:55pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Didn't even get past the skeletons on skateboards in the 3rd round.  So, I should have gotten higher.

Do you increase the numbers of attackers with each round in the upper levels?

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 91 - 113
Diddly
June 8, 2009, 8:56pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Nope.  Each round is identical, except for the "Every lost hero" level, which is cumulative across rounds.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 92 - 113
Diddly
June 17, 2009, 8:07pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Here is the last version of Zombies for a while.

Inspired by this Qwantz comic:http://www.qwantz.com/index.php?comic=1011

New:
- Zombie Mosquitoes!  If they bite a Hero, that Hero turns undead!
    Only Explosions and Flames can stop the mosquitoes.
- End Level!  If you make it through all the rounds, you will have to evacuate your remaining population out of the town.  Every civilian that survives earns 1 Trillion Points!

Scores have been reset due to these changes.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 93 - 113
Shabadu_SMH
June 19, 2009, 9:38pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Did you change the dragons somehow?  It seems EVERY time I get to the 3 dragon level they destroy me.. I always have troops left over but they run between them and kill off my population... did you make them run faster and in a more forward direction than before?
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 94 - 113
Diddly
June 20, 2009, 2:24am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Nope.  Dragons are the same as before.  Just bad luck I guess?  I made it through them.. except on the limited ammo level I overdid it with Heroes and the game began to crawl.  (I literally had to hit the X and wait twenty minutes for the Enter your NickName window to pop up).

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 95 - 113
Diddly
July 2, 2009, 5:06pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
Preview build of Zombie Slaughter v2.0 available here: http://darkshade.homeip.net/zombies2/

Featuring UPGRADES now!  Nearly every unit has multiple upgrades you can buy.  Just click on the unit on your map to check it out.  There may be some balancing issues, so please let me know if there's things you think are way out of whack.

While there's still work to do, what is done is playable.  Enjoy!

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 96 - 113
Shabadu_SMH
July 4, 2009, 2:24am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
HA! 13 trillion is my new high score!

Honestly, it could have been waaay higher too, I frankly didn't think I'd get so far but I got to round 4.. and was unable to save a single citizen because electric fences kill them (and instantly turn them into zombies   

So having solved it all the way (except for saving any civies), here is my input:

#1 Tanks are way too powerful.. way WAY WAAAAAAAAAY too powerful once you upgrade them to the third rank.  IF you allow this, there should only be 1 allowed on screen at a time.. and that can be the 5-Star General's Tank or something.  I was able to defeat every enemy tank except 6 (all the ones I lost, 14 in round 1, 20 in round 2 and 3 because rank 3 tanks are just that powerful).

#2 You know already, but tanks respawn.  This also allowed me to get as far as I did.

#3 You need a "destroy wall" function.. there are numerous reasons for this, but the fact that I had tried to defend against the damned skitters by building electric walls completely boxing in my 4 tanks (FYI it doesn't work.. on round three there is NO WAY to defend from the "skitters from all sides" level.. accept that no one will ever survive that round and move on).  So even had I known that electric walls would kill civies, I would have had no way to destroy those walls anyhow...

#4 I think you havea good balance on the dragons.. even with my super tanks, those levels with dragons in them in round 2 and 3 were difficult because of the limited ammo and friendly fire.  Not to refocus on point #1 but on the "save the civilians" level I had 5 dragons ALL fire breathing on one of my super tanks after they had all lost all their ammo and the dragons were unable to kill ONE tank before my wall of electric fences killed them.

#5 The electric fences rock.. I had soo many in place that all 5 dragons on the very last level were killed by them, not by my tanks (the tanks softened them up by ran outta ammo loong before any of them were half dead!).

Thats it for now.. if you remove or reduce super tanks (or at least limit it to one or charge $1,000,000 per upgrade 3 and $15,000 for rank 1 (initial purchase) and $15,000 for rank 2 maybe...) I think the game will be much more level, but until I play it that way I won't know for sure...

PS one last complaint.. one round three I had some serious walls in place.. 3 or 4 bricks walls thick.. and the night with the three super bunnies required me to walk away for 30-40 minutes before they managed to break thru... is there some check that can be done if more than 1 minute has passed and no friendly heroes have fired that the enemies can begin tearing down walls faster (until/unless friendly fire starts up again)???
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 97 - 113
Chiquita
July 9, 2009, 3:14pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Knight
I'm adding my two cents on Zombies 2...

1) It is not clear that tanks need four spaces around them on the battlefield to be placed and need to be clicked on a intersection of the gridlines compared to the rest of the players which need to be put in boxes.

2) I disagree with Shabs, the dragons are way too easy to kill and I would like to see them tougher...overall the levels need to be tougher, I got to round one level 27 three players and two walls...

3) I would like to see an option for landmines

4) no sure if money is still in a testing mode, I had 500 dollars bought a 50$ fence and it said I had 495$ left.

5) love the upgrades..electric fence and more powerful flame throwers are great
Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 98 - 113
Diddly
July 9, 2009, 5:47pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
I'll tackle some of these:
1) You don't click on the intersection.  But whatever square you click in becomes the top left corner of the 4 square tank.  I agree it could be clearer.  I'll think about how best to do that.
2) I agree.  The game has gotten too simple.  Still thinking about how best to shift that
3)   I guess landmines are a logical (from an effect point of view) upgrade from flaming ammo crates.  ie, will explode at some random point -> will explode when an enemy steps on it
4) I think you checked your leftover money after starting the wave.  $500 - $50 = $450.  Start the wave, earn 10%.  $450*10%=$45.  $450+$45=$495
5) I like them too.  However, I think the flame thrower (any one) is what actually is making the game so simple.  They can typically hold off any strength of foe indefinitely until some other unit manages to kill the foe.  Maybe I need more flame-resistant enemies

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 99 - 113
fredg999
July 10, 2009, 2:11am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
100th reply! Yay!... Here's some feedback:

1) I would say that, when you click something to buy, it would show you a "shadow" of the unit/fence, the top-left corner being the top-left corner of your cursor.
2) I still have some difficulties with the dragons, because my flamethrowers pushes them back, then they go forward, passing by my flamethrowers so they get past. I've developed a new strategy, but having a few difficulty levels might help.
3) The upgrade to landmines makes that you have to upgrade twice during the same night to get one. Must be powerful.
4) I've never got any problem with cash.
5) I think the flamethrowers should make the zombies less afraid, so that they don't quit the screen. Make them not wait too long after being attacked.
Also, you should change your link to the game in the Games section of the site, so that it redirects to Zombies 2.0.
E-mail E-mail Reply: 100 - 113
Diddly
July 10, 2009, 3:42pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
You're right.  Version 2 is currently more fun than the old version, even though there's still a few things I want to do with it.  So I've modified the "Play Zombie Slaughter" link in the high score list to load Zombies2.
In response to your individual items:
1) A proper "snap-to-grid" placement which includes the image of the unit being placed would make it really obvious.  It's just been really low on the priority list because it doesn't effect gameplay.
2) Flamethrowers actually heal dragons.  I don't think it was your flamers pushing them back.  
3) Another option (suggested by Shabadu) is to have an upgraded brick wall laced with C4.  Thus when an enemy hit it, it explodes.  (Same effect as a landmine)
5) I'm currently leaning towards the creation of some fearless Zombies.  Flames won't scare 'em.  Sprinkle a few of those in random levels.  

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 101 - 113
fredg999
July 10, 2009, 9:08pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
I propose that, in the upgrade window, you see the comparison between the current and following stats.
Also, seeing the range of a hero when you pass your mouse over it might be nice (so I can know the new range of the upgraded flamethrower...)
E-mail E-mail Reply: 102 - 113
Diddly
July 10, 2009, 9:41pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Noble
The difference between stats is shown in yellow in the upgrade window.  Is that not what you're looking for?
As for new range, yes, something like a hover-over is what it would take to show the unit's actual ranges.

Logged Offline
E-mail E-mail Private Message Private message Reply: 103 - 113
fredg999
July 10, 2009, 10:02pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
I mean, show the stats of the hero after he has reached his final upgrade.
I also guess you're working on the targeting, huh? Currently, the heroes are quite stupid...
E-mail E-mail Reply: 104 - 113
8 Pages « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 » All Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Darkshade Forum    General Boards    General Discussion  ›  Zombie Slaughter